Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have been in the news recently as they are quite so in love and have just recently tied the knot on May 19th at Windsor Castle’s St. George’s Chapel. Now, what people are saying is just how Markle will become a citizen of the United Kingdom since she is now wedded to the prince. Some are saying that she will have to become a citizen just because she is now married to a member of the royal family. However, the truth is, that is not how it will go. Getting a citizenship from the United Kingdom would not be an automatic thing for Markle.
Just how will it go? Well, representatives of the Kensington Palace has announced before that Markle will have to become a citizen of the UK and to be able to achieve that, she must be able to finish the very same process that all other interested individuals have to go through just to be able to have that permanent residency status. This simply reflects that there is no exception even for the newest member of the royal family.
One of the things that Markle must be able to do would be to meet all of the given requirements by the UK government. As the wife of Prince Harry, Markle should be able to meet the requirements that have been set with the status that she now bears.
The requirements are:
· Should be more than 18 years old
· Should have a sound mind and should be able to think and also make any decisions on her own
· Should have no criminal record that is serious
· Should have lived in the country for three years at the minimum before the application is submitted
· Should have indefinite leave to stay in the country during the three years; or should have a card or document showing permanent residence.
· Should not spend more than 270 days outside the country during the three years
· Should not spend more than 90 days outside the country during the last year before submission of application
· Should not have broken any of the immigration laws in the country
The UK citizenship test
Markle should also have to pass the Life in the UK examination. This one costs £50 and it is taken after spending three years in the United Kingdom. This test will cover the content in the handbook known as the Life in the United Kingdom. This test will not be too long. It will only have 24 questions and those who would be taking this exam will be given 45 minutes to answer those questions. To pass the exam, Markle should be able to get a 75% score as minimum. So this means that she must at least get 18 answers correct.
Get the help you need to move to the United Kingdom with these amazing programs from Global Visa Support made just for you: http://globalvisasupport.com/uk.html
Find expert assistance on how to move to the UK once you schedule an appointment with Global Visa Support today: http://www.globalvisasupport.com/contacts.html